Kitchens, especially small ones, only have so much space. You don’t want to fill them with gadgets that are rarely, or never, used. Instead, you want tools that have you saying, “this is the best invention ever!” every time you use it - gadgets that you want to tell your friends about or that will impress your unimpressible mom or mother-in-law. Simply said, these small kitchen gadgets pack a mighty punch, making cooking easier and faster.
Classics Made Better
- The garlic press has always been a simple yet handy kitchen gadget - but a pain to clean. In comes this garlic press with a cleaner. This press comes with an attached tool that pushes all the garlic remains right out of the holes. Plus, it has both slice and chop functions.
- Ever wish you had three hands to drain pasta? One to hold the colander and two to hold the pot with boiling water? This Hands-Free Adjustable Clip-on Colander makes draining pasta safer and easier. Or, check out these Over the Sink Collapsible Strainers that will also do the trick!
- Every kitchen needs a pair of scissors for opening stubborn plastic bags, snipping fresh herbs, and even cutting meats. This list of The 5 Best Kitchen Shears highlights features such as blades that come apart for easy washing.
- If kitchen space is an issue, this beautiful set of Nesting Utensils offers everything you need in one compact set.
Silicone is a cook’s new best friend. This heat-resistant, dishwasher-safe material is a game-changer. Here are some of our favourites:
- These Silicone Baking sheets will bring an end to cookies that stick to the pan and help reduce waste from using parchment paper. There are many options out there, but the Silpat mats have some of the highest ratings.
- These Silicone Utensils won’t scratch your pans and include almost every tool you need. We especially love the pastry brush used for slathering on melted butter, roasting juices, sauces, or marinades.
- Say goodbye to stuck muffins and cupcakes, and hard-to-separate liners. With a Silicone Muffin Pan, your goodies will pop right out, and the pan is easy to clean! It can also go right from the freezer to the oven - imagine all the muffin-sized possibilities!
- It’s a challenge to find a roasting rack that doesn’t rust and is easy to clean. This Silicone Pressure Cooker Roasting Rack keeps your meats and seafood boils off the bottom of your pot for delicious one-pot meals. It even works in your pressure cooker and doubles as a trivet.
- We try to avoid items that have just a singular use; however, this Whisk Cleaner helps tackle such a frustrating issue, we had to include it on the list. This magical tool saves your batter from being wasted, keeps your whisk off the countertops, and makes it easier to clean.
- Keep your sink items neatly contained in this Stainless Steel Caddy. No more dirty sponge water on your counters!
- The Touch-Free Rechargeable Sensor Liquid Soap Pump Dispenser is a bit of a splurge, but having touchless access to soap while cooking is a convenience worth the money. This one is rechargeable, so no extra money for batteries.
Life Made Easier
- Do you constantly make too much or too little pasta? This Slotted Spoon Food Strainer with Spaghetti Measure Tool will help you make the right-sized portions and doubles as a handy slotted spoon.
- Save yourself multiple trips to the microwave for a coffee warm-up! Take your pick from this list of the 8 Best Mug Warmers.
- You don’t need a Dusting Wand, but it sure does make decorating your cookies with powdered sugar easier (and more fun!).
- Electric mixing and chopping no longer require a bulky food processor. Small coffee grinders do a great job chopping nuts, spices, and coffee beans, of course, into fine grounds. Mini choppers, on the other hand, are best for vegetables, sauces, and dips.
Each of these small gadgets has the potential to be your new favourite kitchen item! If you already do a lot of cooking or set a goal to cook more often, a new tool can provide inspiration and motivation. It also feels great to replace gadgets that are worn, broken, or not being used with updated and useful ones.