Air Canada announced a series of new enhancements to its products and services, aiming to elevate the onboard travel experience for its passengers.
The airline's latest offerings include an expanded food and beverage selection, more family-friendly entertainment options, and improved features on the Air Canada App.
These updates are the latest made by the airline as part of its 'More to Travel' initiative, a series of ongoing improvements underway across its travel products and services.
New! We're introducing more food and beverage choices, more entertainment kids love with our new partnership with @Mattel and more convenient travel features on our app, so you can fly in comfort with more of what you love this summer. More: https://t.co/DldVhxWI3M pic.twitter.com/ilOoWQyt7v— Air Canada (@AirCanada) July 19, 2023
Jacqueline Harkness, Managing Director of Products and Services at Air Canada, expressed the airline's dedication to its customers' satisfaction.
"At Air Canada, we know that a comfortable and enjoyable onboard experience is an important part of our customers' travel journey. We're pleased to offer more food and beverage options across a variety of tastes and preferences, including products not available today on any Canadian airline, as we continue improving Air Canada's overall onboard experience," said Harkness.
More Menu Items to Suit Diverse Needs and Tastes
- Addition of Earth's Own oat milk, a Canadian non-dairy milk alternative—a first for a Canadian airline.
- New popular beverage choices including: Blue Moon Belgian White and Hop Valley IPA craft beers, as well as Vizzy Strawberry Orange Mimosa Hard Seltzer.
- Rosé from Provence, France and Aperol Spritz (Air Canada Signature Class on international flights).
- Butter chicken with rice pilaf and cauliflower peas masala are some of the new menu options available for Premium Economy and Economy customers, on select flights.
Enriching Family Travel with Mattel Partnership
Last month, Skytrax named Air Canada the Most Family Friendly Airline for 2023. Now, it will be the only Canadian airline to offer some of the most popular kids' shorts for in-flight entertainment through an extensive partnership with Mattel. The entire suite of shows and movies adds dozens of hours of additional kids' content to Air Canada's award-winning in-flight entertainment, with even more new content partners coming soon.
John Moody, Managing Director of Product Design at Air Canada, expressed his excitement about the partnership, stating, "Air Canada is proud to be the only Canadian airline offering exclusive Mattel favourites like Hot Wheels in the City, Thomas and Friends: Learning with Thomas, as well as episodes of Barbie's vlog—which comes hot on the heels of the most anticipated movie release of the summer. At the height of family vacation season, parents and kids can enjoy their flight with an unparalleled range of inflight entertainment options, including some of the most popular and well-loved kids' shows."
More Convenience and More Features for Air Canada App
The latest upgrades to the Air Canada App, available for free through the Apple App Store or Google Play, allow for quick and easy access to important travel information throughout the journey including:
- Mobile boarding passes that are easier to use at security and during boarding with seamless updates
- Passport details of Aeroplan members linked to their profile, streamlining international check-in
- Easier airport navigation with integrated maps of key Air Canada and Star Alliance airports
- Ability for Air Canada Signature Class and Premium Economy customers to pre-order in-flight meals on select international flights departing Canada
With these exciting new features, Air Canada is well-positioned to offer a top-notch travel experience for its passengers. Whether it's through diverse food options, family-friendly entertainment, or innovative digital tools, the airline continues to prioritize customer satisfaction, making every journey with Air Canada even more enjoyable.